Cole Rehabilitation Offers Speech Therapy
by Cole Rehabilitation
Speech Therapy at Cole Rehabilitation is a team of Speech-Language Pathologists who work with adults experiencing difficulty with speech, language, swallowing, cognitive and voice disorders. These impairments often result from a neurological injury such as stroke, traumatic brain injury, and other progressive disorders such as Parkinson’s disease. Cole Rehabilitation speech services include therapy to help individuals regain functional independence in areas such as verbal expression and understanding, reading/writing, memory, safety awareness, swallowing, and safe vocal usage. Family/Caregiver education is provided as part of the rehabilitation process.
Our Speech-Language Pathologists treat the following conditions:
- Aphasia- Difficulty with expression and/or understanding
- Apraxia- Motor sequencing difficulties that impair verbal expression
- Dysarthria- Oral Motor Difficulties effecting speech intelligibility
- Dysphagia- Swallowing Disorders
- Cognitive Impairment- Impaired Memory, Problem Solving, Safety Awareness, Insight
- Voice Disorders- Poor vocal quality (i.e. strained and/or breathy)
- Bell’s Palsy
At Cole Rehabilitation, we have Speech Language Pathologists that are trained in VitalStim therapy, a safe and effective treatment for those patients suffering with oral and/or pharyngeal dysphagia (i.e. swallowing difficulties). Used in adjunction with traditional swallowing exercises, VitalStim has been found to be safe and effective, and proven to accelerate increased recovery time from a modified diet, as well as helping patients achieve sustained swallowing improvement for long term results.